Friday, December 31, 2010

A Blistered Mouth, The City Museum and 3 Stitches - What a Day!

The McHawes Clan decided to take off to spend the day at the City Museum.  A great plan right?  The girls will love it.  Hey let's start the party with a trip to Joey B's on the landing for lunch.  I open the menu and discover a personal challenge before my eyes. in the form of 2 patties, 4 slices of cheese, 3 buns, lettuce, onions and fries.  If you put this down in the allotted 30 minutes, your prize - a T-Shirt!  That's right a T-Shirt.  There is no way I could pass this up.  I must say I was a little shocked when there were enough fries to feed a village.  This was going to be tough.  Since I was on the clock I attacked the burger.  The "just off the grill factor" was not taken into consideration.  It only took a few seconds for me to immediately know that I had made a horrible mistake.  Through the tears in my eyes I could see the steam coming off of the burger. Another dead give away was the fact the burger and cheese were actually stuck to the roof of my mouth and inner jaw.  After fighting down the first bite the inside of my mouth felt like a room with peeling wall paper. I was able to eventually consume the fireburger of death, but was not so lucky with the fries.  No shirt for me.

We then made our way to the City Museum.  I would highly recommend this place for anyone of all ages.  Obviously several others were referred as well.  A rough guess would be approximately 51,000 people in attendance along with us.  Regardless of this factor the girls had a great time.  This could definitely be an all day event anytime.  

It was all fun and games until Marli decided to attempt to eat a steel handrail while running full speed.  She was not going to win a T-shirt either.  After the wiping of blood and tears the girls were off again.  After awhile we got a good look of the inside of Marli's lip.  We then decided our next stop would be the Urgent Care facility.  I had a feeling this was not going to be near as fun as the other two places.

I was correct in my assumption.  However, I do believe it was harder on me than Marli.  She actually laughed during the stitches.  This was at my suggestion of bringing her sister back and see if they could sew hew entire mouth shut.  Marli was all for this suggestion.  She was as tough as nails through the whole thing.  I thought I was doing alright as well.  However, the nurse asked me 3 times if I needed to lay my head down (must have been a little pale or she could tell I was tired).   Three stitches later we were on our way home.

All things considered it was great day with the girls.  I guess it is time to plan the next adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!